Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

seven weeks

That's almost how long it's been since I last blogged.

The days seem to have been flying by. What have we been up to?

I've been sewing alot lately. Working on brand new ideas for my etsy shop. I'm hoping to relaunch it.. eventually.

Parker is potty trained!  After trying to get him to start using his potty months ago, and failing miserably, we decided to let him decide when he was ready. Well, about 2 months ago, he started bringing me his underwear. We talked to him about how he had to use the potty if he wanted to wear them, and he just started doing it. A month ago he was in his underwear about half the time, the rest of the time.. he asked for diapers. We just went with it, hoping we weren't totally screwing things up. It's been 2 weeks since he has had a diaper on. He does great when we are out. Actually, the few accidents he has had have been at home. He does wear a pull up at night for now.

Big Brother started! We look forward to this every summer. & yes, I know how lame that sounds.

Still poking my finger five times a day to test my blood glucose. I'm used to it now, and it's not as hard to put my meals together anymore. Gestational Diabetes is the biggest reason I'm ready for September. I miss sweets and pasta! I'm not a huge junk food person, but I went to a wedding last month and couldn't have cake. Sad. I have a list of meals/food to have after I have the baby. At the top of that list is lasagna, cake, cheesy chicken and rice. Yum. Oh, I also have a milky way packed in my hospital bag! :)

Ben's new classes start on Wednesday, and I'm a little terrified. I'm hoping I can adjust easily to having two kids instead of one. I don't want to depend on needing Ben's help when he already does so much. He doesn't like to tell me when he needs time to study/do homework, and I just don't want to ask too much of him.

Other than that, it's just the daily activities. Cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc. We're kind of boring right now, because I can't stand to be out in the heat (even when I'm not pregnant), and I can't walk more than 50 feet without getting winded. We're trying to spend as much time together as we can while it's still just the three of us! Even if it's just going to a movie, or playing cars & blocks inside. Baby will be here in a month or less.. crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment