Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

life. death. things.

We've had plenty going on. Just nothing really that fun. Can I make you a list?

1. Our dog, Abby, messed up her back and we thought she was paralyzed. We took her outside to play about 2 weeks ago and her back legs just weren't working. She didn't seem to be in pain, but she was just dragging her legs around. We've had 6 vet visits so far (4 last week, 2 this week) and we have 2 more next week. She has to keep going in to get a laser treatment on her back to help with the swelling. She is getting better, but it has been a slow and hard process.

2. My Grandma passed away. I don't want to get too into this one, but I'll just say that it was basically expected. The funeral is on Saturday.

Ok, so this doesn't look like a very big list. It's only TWO things. But those things feel like they carry the weight of twenty things. I've just been so overwhelmed with it all. Last week we not only had the 4 vet appointments, we also had a check-up for Parker. Then this week we had the 2 vet appointments and a check up for the little babe in the belly. (That appointment was actually fun!) Everything is looking good and I got to see the little one looking very baby like, and even moving around a ton.

Here, have a picture or two.



I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks for my next check up & ultrasound! Then we have the usual at 20 weeks and then the ultrasounds will stop for a while and I'll resume the normal schedule of check ups (as long as everything stays looking how it is now).

I'm not going to make any promises on when I'll be back or how often I'll be posting, because it seems like I haven't been keeping my word. I can tell you that I WILL be back, just not sure how soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. i'm so sorry for your loss! and i hope your dog gets better, it's the absolute worst when the fur babies are hurt/sick. :(

    new follower here, please stop on by:
    penelopeblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete